Monday, August 1, 2011

Grace and Patience within the Waiting

It is hard many-a-days to stay motivated and to be patient for things to take a positive turn. Still dealing with the unpredictiveness of my husband's very long-term unemployment period. I pray that he will have something that he enjoys to do really soon (He LOVES the media...so anything that pertains to radio and TV production, etc). There is some hope on the horizon for it, but it is still very blurry. He had to settle for the "to-do" for now, by taking positions that just help with meeting paying the living expenses for many years....not really using his gifts to the full. Unfortunatley, so many people are in this predicament right now. I must be patient and wait for God's timing on it; It is SO hard tho - to wait. I am even on the edge of my career path as well and waiting to make that move on to new opportunities, what God has in store for me. I do feel that "internal shift" that something good is going to happen, just don't know when or how. Oh Lord, waiting is so hard!!!!!

But if we look forward to something we don't yet have, we must wait patiently and confidently. ~ Romans 8:25 (NLT)

Blessings within the waiting........

**11-20:

11  Day trips with the entire family (went to Dayton, OH with my sister, her kids and husband, my mom, dad and my husband) - especially when it is difficult to ALL get together.

12  Relief from the humidity.
13  The hope that my husband will receive a job soon.
14  For fun and fruity smoothies :-)
15  Quiet moments at my desk at work.

16  The hope for a change in my career path - so I can learn new things in a different environment.
17  Yummy cookies that a co-worker's wife made to share with people in the office.
18  That August is National Happiness Month (be nice if it was ALL year round).
19  For celebrating my grandpa's 80th birthday, despite the health issues that he is dealing with.
20  Thankful for the Grace that God gives daily and especially when we don't deserve it!


Don't forget to visit others linked on Ann's page! Thanks for stopping by :-)

3 comments:

  1. Visiting from Ann's-welcome to the gratitude community:) We are big fans of fruit smoothies at our house. May God bless you richly this week-and provide the perfect job opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you husband finds exactly what God has in store for him, whatever that may be. ~ Thanks for stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby had a bout of unemployment several years ago. Praying that the perfect opportunity falls in your laps.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete